Planet Water AquaTower
- Serves a community of 1,000 with 10,000 liters of water per day
- Water quality that meets World Health Organization standards
- Operates with no consumables
- A green solution: can operate without power or use of chemicals
- System installed in a single day
- Very simple maintenance process
- Five year system guarantee
- Low system acquisition cost
- A highly sustainable solution
The AquaTower UF Filter incorporates a hollow fiber membrane housed within a protective canister through which untreated feed water enters.
During the filtration process, bacteria, protozoa, viruses, pathogens and other contaminates greater than 0.1 micron are removed and crystal clean drinking water is produced.
The AquaTower filter is not intended to be replaced, but simply cleaned periodically using a manual cleaning procedure.
Training on system operation and maintenance is provided to system caretakers as part of each deployment.
A Sustainable Solution
- A scale-appropriate solution with a turn-key, end-to-end approach
- Appropriate and effective filtration technologies which are low-cost and robust
- Sustainable development - training, spare parts, project monitoring, job creation
- Longitudinal measurement of system performance via pre-defined metrics, pre-project and routine post-project assessments
Clean, Safe Drinking Water
Clean drinking water is accessed at the AquaTower through nine faucets positioned around the tower. Water flow is regulated via gravity pressure from the system's elevated clean water tank.
The AquaTower is also used for hand washing. Mounted around the AquaTower are soap dishes where children can wash their hands after using the latrine, playing, and before eating.
Also positioned around the tower are hygiene education materials that support the learning children receive in the classroom as part of Planet Water's Water-Health & Hygiene Education Program.
Clean Water for School Meal Preparation
In schools where meals are prepared, a clean water supply line is extended from the AquaTower to the cafeteria where meals can be prepared with clean, safe water.
Although schools these days often have latrines, many fall into disuse due to unsanitary conditions, insects and odor.
Planet Water provides schools the capability to sanitize its latrines. This solution incorporates a high pressure washer supplied with water from the AquaTower via a booster pump and an in-line chlorinator.